Cute News 1.5
User Rating: Fair (5.00/5)
Cute News 1.5 Description
Cute News 1.5Â is a FREE, powerful and easy-to-use news management system that uses flat files to store its database. Among the features it supports are commenting, archives, search function, file upload management, backup & restore, IP banning, flood protection and many more other cool things.
- Quick and Easy installation
- The whole installation process comprises just one step and goes very fast. Migration is also done in one quick step and can be accomplished without any effort on your part.
- You don't need MySQL
- A notable feature of the CuteNews engine is that it doesn't use MySQL to store news, comments, user profiles, or any other data. The CuteNews engine can be installed on practically any web server.
- Super-Easy to use
- Anyone can edit templates and use the embeddable code on their website: it's so simple that you don't even have to know anything about PHP programming.
- WYSYWIG editor
- Enjoy writing and editing news for your website in CKEditor, a modern WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) text editor built into CuteNews.
- The new developer-friendly and easy-to-use plug-ins system, which first made its appearance in 1.5.0, allows you to extend the basic feature set of CuteNews.
- Captcha and Antiflood
- CuteNews comes with captcha-based anti-spam protection as well as anti-flood protection and tools for banning unwanted IP addresses.
- Different User Levels
- CuteNews allows for different types of users with different permission levels: Administrator, Editor, Journalist, Commenter. Each of these types of users has access to different features on a CuteNews-driven website.
- Visitors can search
- Users can search for intended info using a dedicated search form. Conducted searches are based on the full-text search algorithms with ranking.
- Everything is automated
- You don't have to worry about creating news items: CuteNews does everything automatically. It is also capable of archiving old news items and activating postponed ones on its own.
Cute News 1.5 ScreenshotsDownload Cute News 1.5